Thank you for joining us for another virtual Layne's Wine Gig! Watch this livestream on our Facebook and YouTube pages!
This month's wine pack includes:
1. Haut Vol Rosé 2020
2. Bunraku Japanese Sake N/V
3. La Quercia Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2019
4. Franco Serra Barbera D'Alba 2019
This month we bring you TWO options to purchase your wine:
1. Purchase all four bottles from our curbside menu
along with a snack!
2. Purchase a 5 Ounce Pour 4-pack: $50 courtesy of Blue!
We're offering a 4-pack of individual 5 ounce pours of this months four wines! Please note that these pours will come in small plastic deli containers and the PRICE INCLUDES a small snack of either Marinated olives or Marcona almonds.
Pick ups may be scheduled for Tuesday-Friday, May 18-21, 12-5pm. Once you place your order, a staff member from Blue will reply by email or text to coordinate your pick up date and time. You can also order ahead and choose your pickup time up to 3 days in advance! CURBSIDE MENU can be found at portcityblue.com
We go live on our Facebook page at 6pm on Friday, April 21. If you would like to join us at 5:40pm beforehand and go live with us, please email us (email@example.com) and we will send you the Zoom login info you'll need. The more, the merrier!
Layne has been in the wine business since the 1970’s. In that time, he has tasted many thousands of wines. As an importer, wholesaler, retailer, wine judge, winery CEO, radio talk show host and wine teacher – he has lived it all. He has spent his time in San Francisco; Portland, Oregon; Missoula, Montana; Richmond, Virginia; Charlottesville, Virginia and (finally) Portland, Maine.
Layne’s accomplishments include:
- Great wine list creations! For the wine list he created for the Salishan Lodge and the Benson Hotel in Portland, Oregon, Layne received a Wine Spectator Grand Award.
- As a wine journalist he wrote wine columns for The Richmond Times-Dispatch Style Weekly and The Phoenix.
- He taught short courses on wine at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- He taught wine classes to both undergrads and law students at the University of Virginia.
- He has given guest lectures at the Portland Public Library, Maine; The Graves Memorial Library in Kennebunkport, Maine and Longfellow Books in Portland Maine. He has also been the keynote speaker at the Country Club of Virginia and 20 Milk St. Portland, Maine.