Thank you for joining us for another virtual Layne's Wine Gig! Watch this live stream live on our Facebook Page
This month's wine pack includes:
1. Custoza (Italian white)
2.Vidigal Reserva (red)
3. Mati Barbara D'Asti (Italian red)
4. Vya ( California sweet vermouth)
This month we bring you TWO options to purchase your wine:
Full Bottle 4-Pack: $65.99 courtesy of Ohno Cafe
Order online for curbside pickup at Ohno (delivery not an option this month) or by calling (207) 774-0773 during business hours. Pick up dates are Thursday, February 18 and Friday, February 19 during Ohno curbside pickup business hours. Click here to place your online order!
5 Ounce Pour 4-packs: $32 courtesy of Blue
We're trying out something new this month and offering a 4-pack of individual 5 ounce pours of this months four wines! Please note that these pours will come in small plastic deli containers and the price includes a small snack of either stuffed grape leaves or Marcona almonds. Pick ups may be scheduled for Thursday, February 18 or Friday, February 19. Once you place your order, a staff member from Blue will reply by email to coordinate your pick up date and time. Click here to place your order!
We go live on our Facebook page at 6pm on Friday, February 19. If you would like to join us at 5:30pm before hand and go live with us, please email us (email@example.com) and we will send you the Zoom login info you'll need. The more, the merrier!
Layne has been in the wine business since the 1970’s. In that time, he has tasted many thousands of wines. As an importer, wholesaler, retailer, wine judge, winery CEO, radio talk show host and wine teacher – he has lived it all. He has spent his time in San Francisco; Portland, Oregon; Missoula, Montana; Richmond, Virginia; Charlottesville, Virginia and (finally) Portland, Maine.
Layne’s accomplishments include:
- Great wine list creations! For the wine list he created for the Salishan Lodge and the Benson Hotel in Portland, Oregon, Layne received a Wine Spectator Grand Award.
- As a wine journalist he wrote wine columns for The Richmond Times-Dispatch Style Weekly and The Phoenix.
- He taught short courses on wine at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- He taught wine classes to both undergrads and law students at the University of Virginia.
- He has given guest lectures at the Portland Public Library, Maine; The Graves Memorial Library in Kennebunkport, Maine and Longfellow Books in Portland Maine. He has also been the keynote speaker at the Country Club of Virginia and 20 Milk St. Portland, Maine.